About this Event
We will be joined by LAHS who are set to host a History Fair, focusing on the centenary of WWI in Leicestershire and Rutland.
The days events will include the following:
Over 30 stalls showcasing research into local history and displaying historic items
· Programme of talks running throughout the day
· Recreation of a Leicestershire Private’s Court-Martial based on primary sources
· Archaeology Roadshow, where visitors can handle ancient artefacts, have their own identified by experts, and view the Roman Mosaic from Leicester’s Stibbe site
· Kids’ activities
· All-day coffee shop (sandwiches, tea/coffee, cake)
· Free Parking, reduced rates for those travelling on the Great Central Railway, and a free vintage bus between Quorn & Woodhouse station and Beaumanor.