Devon: 2-night coastal escape for 2 including meals - SAVE 52%
About this Deal
The village of Clovelly on the North Devon coast is such a popular spot that visitors usually have to pay to visit! Avoid the fee with this 2-night spring escape at The Red Lion hotel, where you can stay right on the ancient harbourside while paying less than half the usual price.
- Two nights' accommodation in a Standard Double Room, with daily full English breakfast, for two
- A £56 dining credit per couple on the first evening
- Upgrade to a Superior Room for an extra £30 per stay, instead of the usual £60 (payable to the hotel direct)
- Not available on 6-7, 13-14, 27-28 Apr; 4-7, 11-12, 18-19, 25-26 May
Why We Love It
- The hotel is on the harbour in Clovelly village, a peaceful pedestrianised spot on the North Devon coast where only donkeys and sledges are used as transport
- The restaurant uses local ingredients, including produce from Clovelly Court Gardens, fresh fish landed on the quay and game from Clovelly Estate
- The Daily Telegraph scores the hotel 9 out of 10, praising the "sublime" food, "delightful" location and bedrooms with "some of the prettiest views in the country"
- The building dates back to the 18th century, when it was a beer house where Clovelly fishermen gathered to swap their tales of fabulous catches and perilous seas
- The Red Lion was the birthplace of the sailor Salvation Yeo, a character in Charles Kingsley's classic West Country novel Westward Ho!
- Guests get to park down by the sea, saving the hilly stroll into town
For a full description and terms and conditions please visit the website